Monday, January 10, 2011

Jan 10

The last few days have been mostly our team trying to learn about culture and understanding how things work here. It's been a positive experience. We went to Robert's church yesterday. It was spoken in French, so we couldn't understand, but the people are really great. It's not what American churches are like. They meet in a daycare building. We went early so that we could set up. Church consisted of about 20 people in fold out chairs facing the pastor in a semi-circle. The Christian Canadians that we have met so far are passionate about making a difference in their country. It's inspiring. I feel as if American churches really got on fire for God and had a passion maybe we would get outside our comfort zone and impact more people. I feel as if in America we have no consequences for being a Christian. Just about everywhere else in the world, Christians are persecuted. I think because America acts as such a melting pot of religions, that we've become passive of telling people of Christ. We are allowing them to believe what they want because it's not "affecting" us, but in the end we are condemning them to Hell.
I think maybe reading the book Radical has been showing me new viewpoints on how we live our faith. I just feel as if we aren't doing enough. This semester in Canada, I really feel as if God is calling me to be radical in my faith. To get out of my comfort zone. To share Christ.
There are many opportunities to serve here because there are so many unsaved people. Please pray for me, that I would serve in ways that would be most beneficial to the kingdom of God.
On a lighter note, we got to go sledding on Saturday. So it was a good time to act like a kid and play in the snow. :) Last night, we got together with a small group of Canadians and had a chick-flick movie night. Tonight, we might be playing laser tag. Although it sounds as if its all work and no fun; Rather, our objective is to build relationships and be able to disciple people.
Much Love,
Jenna

1 comment:

  1. Hey Sweetie, I'm praying for you and thank you for your blogs. It really helps me know what to pray for. Miss you. Love you bunches, Mom.

    ReplyDelete