This last weekend, I had the opportunity to go to a retreat in New Hampshire with my teammates as well as people from the bible study group. It was kind of refreshing to cross the border and be bombarded with US flags in everyones front yards. haha. The trip took us about 3 hours, which was not bad at all. I had a fun time being in the car packed with all girls while we blared girly music and sang super loud. The scenery was gorgeous as we drove through Vermont and New Hampshire. Giant mountains with snow caps were like something from a dream. I've always seen pictures or movies with scenery like that, but to actually see it first hand, I almost couldn't believe it.
The retreat was at a place called Cody retreat center. And it was great. We got to have worship and listen to a speaker for the whole weekend. The first night (Friday) at the end of the evening the camp announced that there was going to be a bonfire. So, eventually we all made our way to this place. The bonfire sat on the beach that surrounded this giant lake. And I walked a little way down from the bonfire and laid down on the sand and looked at the stars. It was astounding! I have never seen so many stars in my life. God is so amazing!! How could I ever look at creation and not be convinced of a creator? I can't.
The next morning, i got up early and sat on a rock that overlooked the snowy lake while doing my devotional. It was so relaxing to just enjoy God's creation. Later on, I went and laid on my jacket with my toes(still in socks) in the sand.( it wasnt warm enough). This was the first time, i had really felt the sun and so i was determined to soak some in. I put worship music on my Ipod, and closed my eyes and woke up 20 minutes later to my team laughing at me. Apparently they had ran to me and were making bird noises at me but i couldn't hear them through my headphones. haha. I told them i had been imagining i was laying on a beach in Florida.
This week and next week are the last days for the students in the university. We are trying to schedule free meals and events so that we can serve them. Please be praying that we would be put in situations to have good conversations with them and that God would be glorified.
No comments:
Post a Comment